http://www.paid-to-promote.net/member/signup.php?r=miftahululum http://www.paid-to-promote.net/?r=miftahululum Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

2012/05/12

The Romance Behind Piercing

I used to cringe whenever I see people who have different parts of their bodies pierced other than the ear. Not that I find the practice repulsive, but because I can imagine the pain that comes with it.

We know that the practice of piercing goes back to thousands of years before our modern times;I am particulary romaticized by the Biblical origin for ear piercing. In the Old Testament era, there were certain times set for the Jews to grant freedom to their slaves and let them leave with their family. Now if the slave loves his master and refuses to go, then his master would take an awl and put it through his ear into the door, and he shall be his master's slave forever. Ear piercing then is a sign of slavery in the Old Testament. So why, you might ask, do I find the practice romantic? Let me tell you a story.

There was this very beautiful woman who was a slave to a cruel master. Every single moment of her life, she spent longing for freedom. One day, a very handsome prince bought her for a very high price and took her into his palace. There, she was treated like a princess, provided with everything she would ever need, and given a room of her own. Because of the prince's benevolence, the former slavewoman fell in love with him.

One day, the prince showed up at her door and announced that he is letting her go. She was devastated. "Why?" Her eyes searched his soul. "Because I want to give you freedom", was the prince's answer. "It's not freedom that I want", she said sadly, eyes cast down. "What is it that you want then?" the prince asked her. "You. I just want you. Treat me like a slave, treat me any way you want to. Just keep me," she pleaded with him. At that, the prince let out a deep sigh and said, "I love you too, and that's the reason why I paid a very high price for you, but i don't want to force you to love me just because I own you." Then he kissed the back of her hand gently, and in accordance to their practices, he pierced her ear and said to her, "From now on, you are mine forever."

Now, the old cruel master is the Law, and the new master is grace, personified in Christ Jesus. In Him there is no more condemnation, no labeling, no judgment. In him is total acceptance, total freedom, hope peace and love.

Behind the knowledge of most people, piercing is a Biblical practice. God even prophesied of His Bride, "And I adorned you with ornaments and put bracelets on your wrists and a chain on your neck.  And I put a ring on your nose and earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. Thus you were adorned with gold and silver, and your clothing was of fine linen and silk and embroidered cloth."

It is amazing to think that some of these young people are getting pierced just to make a statement against a judgmental society. In truth, they are doing nothing but simply going back to the old practice of belonging.

Then why am I not yet convinced of being pierced? In truth, I admire those who have the courage to bear the pain.  In ancient civilizations, scars are beautiful. They are marks of courage and valor, but I'm just too much
of a coward to go for it. lol. It is me who needs redemption after all.



Risks to Consider in Body Piercing

Collar Bone Piercing

Lip piercings

The Monroe and the Medusa

Get rid of discoloration in piercing area

The Romance Behind Piercing

Navel Rings: symbol of fashion

Tragus Pie­rcings picture gallery

Extremely Weird Body Art Piercings

Snake Bite Piercing photos gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.paid-to-promote.net/member/signup.php?r=miftahululum http://www.paid-to-promote.net/?r=miftahululum Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner