http://www.paid-to-promote.net/member/signup.php?r=miftahululum http://www.paid-to-promote.net/?r=miftahululum Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

2012/05/06

Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton Talks About Her Songs And Producers For Her Debut Hit Album On Warner Bros. Records

By Dale Kawashima
Paris Hilton
Paris Hilton
It was almost two years ago that Paris Hilton signed with Warner Bros. Records, to record and release her debut album, the self-titled Paris Hilton. The creative and recording process took longer than expected, with Hilton initially experimenting with an ’80s pop/rock style a la Blondie and the Go-Go's, before emerging with the album’s mostly pop/urban/dance sound. But all the effort and many recording sessions have seemingly paid off, because her album has been well received, by fans and even by some music critics. Impressively, Hilton has established herself as a credible music artist who knows how to create a very enjoyable, modern, mass-appeal album.
Paris Hilton has gotten off to a good start, reaching #6 on the Billboard album chart, and its debut single “Stars Are Blind” becoming a Top 20 pop hit and #1 on the dance chart. The album also contains several other songs with hit potential, such as the sexy urban cut “Turn It Up,” the playful “Fightin’ Over Me” (featuring rappers Fat Joe and Jadakiss), and the hooky pop/rock tune, “Nothing In The World.”
In a recent interview, Hilton talked about making her album, and that she intentionally included songs in several different genres. “I love all kinds of music – I love pop, rock, hip-hop, dance and reggae,” she explained. “I wanted to make an album that was an eclectic mix of all these styles, so everyone could enjoy it, no matter what genre of music they like.”
Hilton collaborated with some of the music industry’s top producers and songwriters for the album, and she co-wrote five songs. She recorded six songs with hitmaker Scott Storch (Beyonce, 50 Cent, Christina Aguilera), and two songs which were produced and written by Kara DioGuardi (Ashley Simpson, Pussycat Dolls) & Greg Wells (Jesse McCartney, Natasha Bedingfield). Hilton also worked with writer/producers Dr. Luke (Kelly Clarkson), JR Rotem (Rihanna), Shep Solomon and Fernando Garibay.
To record and write with Scott Storch, Hilton spent a good amount of time at his studio in Miami. “I’ve been down to Miami many times,” she said. “I met Scott one night at this club Mansion, and I ended up going into the studio with him the next day. He played me some beats, and right away I knew he was the perfect one to work with. We would work in the studio all night long, listening to the beats, then writing to the beats. It was such a fun process.”
“Then one night Scott and I were in this club in Miami, and I saw Fat Joe,” she said. “I told him I was recording, and I asked if he wanted to be on the record. He said yes, so we did this song ‘Fightin’ Over Me,’ which is basically Fat Joe and Jadakiss fighting over me in the song.”
For the pop/reggae-flavored hit “Stars Are Blind,” Hilton worked with writer/producers Fernando Garibay & Shep Solomon. “Fernando really knows his beats and I really trusted him, and Shep wrote this song for me. I thought it would be the perfect summer song – I love it.”
It was Solomon along with Dr. Luke who teamed up to write the pop/rock tune “Nothing In This World,” which provides a excellent showcase for Hilton’s lead vocals. Other notable songs on the album include “Heartbeat” (written by Storch with Billy Steinberg & Josh Alexander), “Jealousy” (by Storch, Hilton & Kara DioGuardi) and the provocative “Screwed” (by DioGuardi & Wells). There is one cover song which was selected for the album: “Do Ya Think I’m Sexy,” the Rod Stewart classic.
“It was such an honor to work with so many amazing and talented producers and musicians,” said Hilton. “I’m really happy that they all gave me a chance.”
“Music is definitely my main focus now - it’s what I've always wanted to do,” she stated. “And now that I have my record done, I’m so excited for the whole world to hear it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.paid-to-promote.net/member/signup.php?r=miftahululum http://www.paid-to-promote.net/?r=miftahululum Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner